Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Jewelry Making Party- What Women Want



So what could be better than a big pot of soup from the garden, butter lettuce salad with garbanzos and blue cheese buttermilk dressing, olive bread, great veggies from Raquel and good wine. No work without a satisfied palette. But what was supposed to be a time for all to cruise through my stuff, old and new and find what they like, design their piece and then a few minutes of help, voila, everyone would be able to leave with a piece of jewelry.


Well, not exactly. It takes so much more time that even I ever think it will. Luckily, we were able to tweek Tia's birthday present. She loves that color of the sea green crysoprase. It's all balanced out now.
Raquel found a similar color blue/green piece of glass I'd forgotton I had. It went through a few incarnations until this emerged:

It may be hard to see the color here, but it looks like sea glass. That sweet peridot marquise at the clasp just finishes it nicely. She likes chokers and this glass falls beautifully just on the throat.
Margo said, 'it's too much trouble' and bought some earrings, Stephanie has to come over another day, and I see some bead patterns out that I'll put together. Much of the fun is discussing, and we had no problem with that.


Ok, so I'm down to very few Hanuman pendants, whic[Photo]h adds to the many reasons to go to India in October. I'm happy to announce Mr Hanuman has a very wonderful new home in British Columbia, Canada. So this 'one of a kind' piece will be coming off my website soon.

A very fun evening, thanks to my cherished friends- thanks all for coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment